Tuesday 27 August 2013

August Trash | Empties #2

There's nothing more satisfying for a beauty junkie than finishing a beauty product. When this happens emotions can range from being sad, happy, relieved to good riddance... I hope you enjoy this trash talk and leave me a comment letting me know what I will find in your trash can (:


The Lush lady gave me a sample of this when I went in for some skincare. I think it was okay, I don't remember it being amazing but then again the sample only lasted a couple of day. I wouldn't repurchase because I have a tonne of skincare waiting to be used and it's quite expensive..

2. Maybelline Express Care Eye Makeup Remover
I think this product is discontinued. I picked up a bottle for 50% off at Chemist Warehouse and then I loved it so much, I picked up 3 more. I think I still have 2 backup bottles. They replaced this with the Total Clean Eye Makeup Remover which I haven't tried yet. The two-layered products you have to shake usually works pretty well for me even with waterproof mascara.

To be honest, I change my brush heads every 6 months. I use it at night only and maybe 5 nights a week. I find delicate is best for me all year round as I can use the high setting during summer and lower settings during winter where my skin is more dry and sensitive. The current brush head I have on my Clarisonic is about 2 months old and I don't think I'll be repurchasing soon as I'm trying to see if I can stop using it.

These really did nothing for me. To be fair I have only found one wipe which works for my face - Nivea Pure & Natural. Everything else hurts and in this case, doesn't even remove any makeup. I rarely use wipes anyway so I used these up by wiping my makeup area and swatches.

I absolutely LOVE Liz Earle like omg.. This was a great moisturiser, without being thick or heavy feeling, just so comfortable on the skin. I think I still have one (or two..) jars of this left so I won't need to repurchase this but definitely would when I run out.

I turned to Proactiv earlier in the year when my skin was freaking it out from the move interstate.. It had worked for me when I was younger so I thought I would give it another go. The toner is probably my favourite from the core range - it's alcohol free with glycolic acid. I wouldn''t repurchase because I'm trying to have a more "natural lifestyle" but I would say don't diss Proactiv until you've tried it. True, it's not going to work for everyone (nothing does) but it has also done wonders for a lot of people and you might just possibly be one of them. (Side note: For me, Proactive cleared up my 'wide T-zone' but I still constantly battle with hormonal acne around my mouth.)


These shed like nobody's business and they hurt my face. I've had them for a while and I tried to make it work by washing them with a conditioner and thinking they would stop shedding after a while but nup. These have got to go.

This has nice coverage, SPF25 and I usually use this everyday under my foundation (or alone) as a base. I won't be repurchasing this one in particular because I hear the gold one is more geared towards normal/dry skin and I also picked up the Lioele Tripe the Solution because my friend (who hates BB Creams) raved on about it.

I picked this up ages ago when it was all the rage.. and I totally fell into the hype. Now, I don't think it's anything special at all. Every brand has come out with this type of hair oil (including Aldi) and I find they all work (or not work) all the same. My favourite hair serum is CHI Silk Infusion before heat and Davroe Moisture Sense Argan Oil.

I brush my teeth.. as I'm sure you all do. I prefer the Sensitive one but I've been using the Precision Clean lately (because it comes in a bulk pack at Costco) and it doesn't hurt my teeth or anything.

This is a limited edition Christmas product and I got about 3 uses out of this. It's white and it comes in the shape of a beard/moustache. The scent is pleasant but not overly sweet like floral or fruity.

Don't forget to let me know what you've finished up lately. Thanks for reading!

bloglovin: peach
twitter: @peachsbeauty
instagram: @peachsbeauty
pinterest: peachsbeauty

Everything mentioned in this post was purchased by yours truly unless otherwise stated. (:

2 comments:

  1. SO many empties! Well done :D
    I need to go through my brushes and chuck some scratchy one :/

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yea.. scratchy, shed-y brushes are probably the one thing in your makeup collection that you can't 'make work'.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your feedback :)