Thursday 5 September 2013

Review: Lush Dream Steam Steam Tab


The Dream Steam Steam Tab (DSST) has replaced the Tea Tree Toner Tab (TTTT) as my favourite Steam Tab (I know they only sell the two now which is a shame, they used to sell other ones like.. Moon and Sun?). I used to love the TTTT because I usually only remember to steam my face when my skin's feeling all congested and gross so tea tree oil is perfect for that with all its antibacterial properties. Even thought I have used Dream Steam many times before but I just realised that it has Tea Tree Oil in it too.

How I use it:
* Fill a bowl on a flat surface (table) with about 1 cup of hot boiled water (200mL), pop in the tab and watch it fizzle away. I will then get my towel, tea tree oil, iPad so the water can cool down a little bit. I add a few extra drops of tea tree oil when my skin's feeling extra yuck.
* Place your freshly cleansed face over the bowl. (Make sure it's free of any makeup or cleanser residue. I like to exfoliate before a steam as well.) If it's too hot, just wait a minute!
* Then, place a towel over your head to create a .. tent? Making sure that it covers your entire head and bowl all around.Relax and enjoy the lavender and rose scent (they are fairly subtle but they're there).
* You can stay in this position for as long as you like until you not longer get any steam.On average I'd got for 15 minutes.
* When you're done, you can splash your face with cool water and pat dry and/or pat dry and use a ' pore tightening' toner such as Lush Tea Tree Toner or even Witch Hazel. I have no idea if this does anything but in my mind my facials work like this: cleanse off dirt, exfoliate dead skin cells, steam out gunk from pores, close pores with toner to prevent gunk from getting in... It's a psychological thing. Please feel free to correct me if you have any scientific information of what a facial actually does.
* When the water is cool, funnel into a reuseable spray bottle (I get mine from Daiso!) and use a facial mist/toner/refreshing spray. Keep it in the fridge and it'll last for a week. Just in time for another facial/steam (:

What it does:
* Tea Tree acts as antibacterial for your skin
* Rose absolute calms redness (and boy do I have redness)
* Chamomile and lavender relaxes and calms the mind
I feel for myself the scent of lavender just instantly makes me feel like the weight has been lifted off my shoulders - a weight that I usually wouldn't even know was there. I usually use the steam tabs when I do a facial and facials usually makes me feel pretty relaxed anyway. The steam might also be good to do just before you go to bed, as part of a nightly ritual once a week or fortnight.

Deets:
* Available at Lush stores and online
* $2.50 for each tab

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate (Sodium Bicarbonate), Citric Acid (Citric Acid), Perfume (Perfume), Lavender Oil ((Lavandula angustifolia)), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Citronellol (Citronellol), *Geraniol (*Geraniol), *Limonene (*Limonene),Linalool (Linalool), Rose Petals (Rosa damascena)

Rating:

What do you like to use as part of your at home facial?

x peachsbeauty

Holla at me:
email: peachsbeautyfamily@gmail.com
youtube: peachsbeautyfamily
bloglovin: peach
twitter: @peachsbeauty
instagram: @peachsbeauty
pinterest: peachsbeauty

Everything mentioned in this post was purchased by yours truly. Thanks for reading! (:

4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, I hadn't even considered this product from Lush. I must go investigate ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been into facial steams so this was a product I naturally gravitated towards. I hope you enjoy it too! x

      Delete
  2. Lush is such a brilliant brand. I love their Argan body moisturiser and Vanilla powder puff (I use on my oily roots). I used to be obsessed with their bath bombs when I was a littlie ha

    Luc xx

    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their Argan Body Conditioner too ! I don't think they sell the Vanilla powder puff in Australia but we have the No Drought dry shampoo that I like. x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your feedback :)