Monday 9 September 2013

Review: Daiso Brush Cleanser

Daiso Sponge and Puff detergent is just one of the amazing things at the Japanese discount store. If you're not familiar, Daiso is a Japanese store where everything is AU$2.80. A lot of the things are awesome, most of the things you didn't even know you needed or existed and some of things don't quite cut it. So why is this brush cleanser so great? Because it cleans your brushes so well and effortlessly and leaves no residue what so ever. Let me explain..


How I use this:
1. Pour a small amount of product onto the dirty dry brush. Work this product into the brush until it's covered all the bristles.
2. Remove the excess product by squeezing the brush and you will notice your makeup coming off.
3. Create some foam by rinsing the brush with water and keep rinsing and squeezing out the product until you get clean running water.
Image 4 shows the difference between a dirty and clean brush. The clean brush doesn't feel oily, doesn't smell funny, doesn't dry stiff or seem to damage the bristles. 

I have also used this on puffs and more recently on sponges as I am discovering the amazing world of sponges for foundation application (another Daiso gem, but more about that on another post). It is especially good for sponges as I can work the product into the sponge with my fingers. Create some foam and rinse the sponge clean until the water was no longer frothy. Squeeze it dry with a towel and it can be used straight away. I imagine this would be perfect for the Beauty Blender but I don't actually own one (although everyone tells me I must) so I wouldn't know. 

Trust me guys, if you have a Daiso near you, run out and grab it. (I know lots of people have discovered this product already!) 

The details:
* Available at Daiso stores nationally (I think)
* $2.80

Rating:

What do you like to wash your brushes with? (I hope I can convert you!)

x peachsbeauty

Holla at me:
email: peachsbeautyfamily@gmail.com
youtube: peachsbeautyfamily
bloglovin: peach
twitter: @peachsbeauty
instagram: @peachsbeauty
pinterest: peachsbeauty

Everything mentioned in this post was purchased by yours truly. Thanks for reading! (:

4 comments:

  1. I really wish that I had a Daiso near me! Everyone is raving about this brush cleaner and I haven't found one I LOVE for deep cleaning.
    Great post hun :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Omg where are you at and why have they not opened a Daiso near you?! x

      Delete
  2. I love that a Daiso just opened up near me! But now, to try and figure out what things mean...bit tricky when all the packaging is usually in Japanese! :P

    I actually like washing my brushes using baby shampoo, or by swirling on top of a Dove beauty bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea. I haven't tried a lot of the beauty products because I'm not sure exactly what they're supposed to be! But they all look super interesting..

      I used baby shampoo first, then olive oil (too greasy, double cleansing a necessity) then this soap I found in my bathroom which worked really well. I have tried Dove beauty bar too and it worked pretty well but I feel like I have to scrap the top layer off to avoid contamination. I actually like the idea of using the Dove beauty bar because it can be used on your face anyone. So if some product happens to be left on the sponge, it's not the end of the world. x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your feedback :)