Friday 13 September 2013

Review | Grace Cole Co Body Butter – Watermelon & Grapefruit





Gracecole.co.uk Description:
-       - Luxurious and nourishing, this rich Body Butter is perfect for soothing dry skin and leaves your body temptingly soft and smooth.
-      -  Directions For Use: Massage generously into skin after bathing.

Description on packaging:
Body Butter – Intensive Moisturing Formula
Rich and nourishing, this luxurious Body Butter leaves skin smooth and supple.
Fruit Works – Revive your sense with this cocktail of mouthwatering bath and body treats.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propyparaben, Benzophenone – 3, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene.

What do I use it for?
I use it as a body moisturiser.

How do I use it?
I use it as it states on the packaging, after a shower. Sometimes I use it before I got to bed, however considering I shower before I go to bed, it’s kind of the same thing. I apply it all over my body starting from the feet, massaging them a little bit if I can be bothered. Then I apply to my legs using a circular motion, torso, arms and the rest rubbed into my hands.

My verdict?
The body lotion is not as thick as I would like a ‘body butter’ to be. I’d say the consistency is more like a thick body lotion, not as liquid-y but certainly not quite as solid or thick as a ‘body butter’. It will keep you moisturised for a couple of days but for nice, hydrated skin I would apply everyday. It won’t cure very dehydrated, scaly skin but it will temporarily improve the appearance of dry skin.
The scent leans more towards the pink grapefruit side. It’s quite refreshing and pleasant if you like the scent of pink grapefruit, as I do. The scent does smell artificial although not grotesquely so. The scent does last during application and it lingers for a short time afterwards. If I apply it after a shower in the morning I will get very slight hints of this throughout the day but it is quite faint.
I love that it sinks in quite quickly. I am able to get dressed after a few minutes without feeling sticky or uncomfortable.
I believe there are four different scents including Peach & Pear (orange), Coconut & Lime (green) and Pineapple & Passionfruit (yellow).

Details_
Availability: Chemist Warehouse, gracecole.co.uk
Packaging: 250mL tub
Pricing: <$5 depending on availability and promotions

Rating:

Although the price is very affordable, it does not provide enough moisturisation for me and it’s not the best scent I have experienced.

x peachsbeauty

Holla at me:
email: peachsbeautyfamily@gmail.com
youtube: peachsbeautyfamily
bloglovin: peach
twitter: @peachsbeauty
instagram: @peachsbeauty
pinterest: peachsbeauty

Everything mentioned in this post was purchased by yours truly. Thanks for reading! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your feedback :)